Gut health determines much of your overall health.
Antibiotics, chemical additives and indigestible proteins damage your intestinal lining.
Probiotics balance intestinal flora and heal your digestive tract, improving everything from immune system response to production of serotonin.
What Are Probiotics?
Probiotics are healthy, viable bacteria that exist inside your gastrointestinal tract, some foods, and probiotic supplements. They work to balance the many microorganisms that coexist in your GI tract, known as intestinal flora. Unlike digestive enzymes, your body does not produce or create probiotics. That is why is so important to understand their role and factors that impact the proper balance.
The balance of your intestinal flora affects your overall health. In a healthy human being, the balance will reflect 85 percent healthful bacteria and 15 percent unhealthful bacteria.
Unfortunately, a variety of conditions can upset that delicate flora balance. For example, eating too much sugar or a diet of processed foods can feed an overgrowth of candida, as can using antibiotics, even for a short stint.
Intestinal flora health is important for the following health issues:
- 95% of serotonin is produced in your gut, which you need for positive mood and to manage anxiety
- Yeast overgrowths can affect women in particular, resulting in vaginal yeast infections, overall malaise associated with Candida, mastitis and other fungal infections.
- Too much of certain “unhealthful” bacteria in the gut can lead to IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) or other stomach upset.
- Weak immune system
- Bladder conditions (overactive bladder, frequent UTIs)
- Weight management
Probiotics work to restore that healthy balance in your intestinal flora. This affects your health in a myriad of ways.
Take, for example, the weight management issue.
Several studies have recently concluded that the condition of your intestinal flora may be what is keeping you thin – or making it harder for you to manage your weight. Check out just four reviews of studies on this topic here:
These are just a few of the latest studies that have turned people on to using probiotics to lose weight.
People take probiotics for a wide range of health benefits. Feel free to email us and ask about your health concerns, and we’ll point you to studies that cover those health issues. We hope our Optimal Probiotic supplements will help you improve your health. However, if you don’t feel they are effective or are right for you, we always offer a money-back guarantee. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority; we will refund you completely if you are not satisfied with our product.
* All the health information presented here is backed by the scientific studies, but these claims have not been evaluated by the FDA. We do not claim to be able to diagnose or treat any health conditions. We only point consumers to the studies that exist and ask them to draw their own conclusions.